Friday, October 17, 2008

October 18 & 19 2008

It is finally here, the weekend we wait for all year. The weekend of the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. The weather promises to be beautiful...
However, honoring prior commitments, I will not be able to attend this year. And, of all years.. The "Year of the Romney". Romney's are, a breed of sheep. And, they just happen to be the breed that I raise and adore. So, it seems very crazy that I will not be there for the biggest show in the country... boo hoo!
My commitment also takes me away from the farm this weekend. This is very unusual for me. However, anyone who would like to visit will be greeted by my partner, Nancy. Nancy, truth be told, does most of the barn chores. Our schedules just seem to work out that way somehow. She also takes great pride in the work that we do, the animals and fiber that we produce. So, if you are in the neighborhood, please stop by for a visit, and ask her to introduce you to Bonnie, our angora goat kid, she is really friendly.
It appears that our shares are sold out. It is amazing how fast they went. Our new yarn is on its way back from the mill in Canada.. and I still have more to send out. So, in just about 3 weeks the dying process begins. Anyone driving by the farm will see skeins upon skeins of freshly dyed yarn hanging on our line to dry.... just after the foliage is over with.. the colors will light up the landscape...
I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend. Keep those wheels spinning and needles clicking!
Sheila

No comments: